Air conditioner model number lis necessary and important as it can help you determine many things about your Air Conditioner. To most of us model number is just a series and doesn’t mean anything. We don’t put in effort as well to understand what the model number means. It seems like gibberish in alien language, but we all know that each letter and number of the air conditioner model number has a meaning attached to it.
Why should you analyse the Air conditioner model number lookup?
Air Conditioner Model Number Lookup is required so that you can understand various things about your equipment. The number can depict size of the unit, its make and what all major upgrades are done in this model. You need to know the size of your unit so that it could be understood whether the size is appropriate for your usage or not. An oversized Model unit is not advisable as there will be increased level of complications in its usage and undersized will not be effective according to your requirements.
How to Decode Air Conditioner model number?
To decode Air Conditioner model number online for ways and steps to complete it. Here we will tell you some basic steps regarding the same. Note down the number from your unit on a sheet of paper. First see the first number, generally a model number of air conditioner starts with 2 or 4.It determines what type of refrigerant is used. 2 mean R-22 and 4 means R410A type.
- See the next three letters. First letter stand for company name, second one tell about the type of product whether it is split heat pump (W) or split cooling (T). Last one represents product family.
- Number at fifth place depicts energy efficiency ratio seasonal of the equipment.
- Now number at sixth place represents system’s connections. If it is zero it means that connections are soldered or brazed. Seventh place and Eighth place in model number indicates the number of BTUs unit can produce in thousands, like 46=46,000 BTUs.
- Ninth number or letter will tell you about any changes or upgrades that are done to the system since the design was first introduced. Tenth position will tell you about the power supply voltage.
- Eleventh, Twelve and thirteenth place will depict about any secondary function. Fourteenth place is for any changes that have happened in design or upgrades or modifications. Fifteenth place is identifier code of the unit.
The process requires patience from your side. It is not complex you only need to concentrate on few numbers and letters of the model number at a particular time. This will help you in decoding it quickly. It is good if you are focused and detail oriented while decoding it.
If you are still not able to decode then to decode your Air Conditioner model number on the search engine the process specific to the brand you are buying.